An exciting opportunity exists for a Career Medical Officer on a full time or part time basis at a private hospital in Sydney.
It's a full time or part time role that also includes: one weeknight on call and one weekend per month on call. The position is ideal for a doctor awaiting specialist training or seeking regular ward work. Well supported by VMOs and Allied Health. Work Hours are 0800-1730 (10 hour shifts) with week days negotiable.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Medical review and management of patients admitted to the hospital as clinically required or requested by the VMO or senior nursing staff;
- Assist with medical admission of patients.
- NSW Medical Board Registration;
- PGY3 ;
- Able to work in an unsupervised capacity;
- Clinical experience in a hospital within the last two years and demonstrated technical and professional competence in generalist and/rehabilitation;
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills applicable to Australian medical practice;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary health care team, under direction of a Consultant, and ability to recognise own clinical limitations and consult as required;
- Demonstrated active participation in and commitment to quality assurance and improvement activities.
The successful candidate will be offered a possibility to work in a good environment to maintain medical skills, a friendly workplace, car park space and lunch.
Hospital is a medical, surgical and rehabilitation facility located in a tranquil suburban pocket north west of the centre of Sydney. Surgical services include ophthalmic, ENT, plastic and reconstructive, orthopaedic, general surgery, dentistry and paediatric surgery. Rehabilitation Services include orthopaedic, cardiac and reconditioning.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.