An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Critical Care Nurse with strong leadership and management skills to join the clinical leadership team in the Cardiac Catheter Laboratory at a private hospital in Cairns. This is a Permanent Part-Time position working a minimum of 60 hours per fortnight.
As the clinical nurse / educator you will:
- Orientate new staff to the Cath Lab area, providing training for all aspects of Cath lab work, including angiography, angioplasty and pacemaker insertion;
- Develop and co-ordinate education to address identified learning needs within Cath Lab, to ensure staff has appropriate skills and competence in this area;
- Be responsible for ensuring all staff working in the area has completed the relevant competencies;
- Support the performance appraisal and development of all nursing staff, and actively participate in performance improvement plans in collaboration with the Nurse Unit Manager;
- Act as Team Leader and/or part of the clinical team in Cath Lab as rostered.
The successful applicant will meet the following criteria:
- Current registration with AHPRA;
- Minimum 3 years’ post graduate experience in a Cardiac Cath Lab;
- Experience in scrubbing for Coronary Angiogram and Angioplasties/ Stenting;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required;
- Understanding of scope of practice;
- Ability to manage designated portfolio and display sound leadership skills;
- Sound written and verbal communication skills;
- Advanced understanding of ANMC competencies as per nursing registration;
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience in accreditation processes, clinical indicators and other quality projects.
Hospital offers flexible rostering and a commitment to education and staff development. You can enjoy the challenges and the opportunities to use your clinical, interpersonal and innovative skills to provide leading patient care.
Hospital offers a wide range of attractive employee benefits including:
- Staff recognition and rewards programs;
- Employee Benefits Club;
- Access to discounts including discounted private health insurance;
- Subsidised gym membership;
- Subsidised staff meals;
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program.
Hospital, located in far north Queensland, is a modern, well-equipped facility which offers a comprehensive range of medical and allied services. Hospital is committed to the provision of first class medical care for the people of the region and the thousands of tourists who visit the area. An extensive range of surgical services is offered including orthopaedic, vascular, urological, gynaecological and general services.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.