A unique opportunity exists for an educator experienced in mental health care to provide education and professional development at a private hospital in Northern Sydney.
As the Educator you will play a key role in ensuring the planning, development and teaching of nursing education in the Mental Health Services are well thought out and executed.
- plan, develop and deliver nursing education programs within the Mental Health service
- coordinate and provide hands on educational support and clinical teaching to mental health staff, graduate nurses & students
- provide expert clinical education and leadership, expert advice and support to all staff of the department
- promote a high standard of evidence based nursing care through dissemination of best practice knowledge
- supervise mandatory training and completion of eLearning
- coordinate delivery of mandatory training including delivering basic life support and manual handling training
- ensure best practice competency based programs are available and assessment of staff competencies
The successful applicant will have:
- Current registration with the AHPRA
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing) or equivalent
- Certificate IV workplace training and Assessment (TAE) (or working towards)
- Post Graduate nursing qualifications in mental health
- Minimum of 4 years in area of clinical practice
- Effective presentation skills
- Able to influence nursing and hospital practice to achieve excellent clinical outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High degree of computer literacy including Microsoft Office
- Prior experience in the private healthcare system will be well regarded
Hospital, located in beautiful Frenchs Forest, provides high quality services for both public and private patients to the Northern Beaches community. Treatment & care follows the principles of patient-centred care and implementing a contemporary Recovery model of care across the Mental Health Service with active involvement from family & carers, an unrestrictive, safe environment, multidisciplinary approach to interventions, with holistic & self-care where possible and ongoing support through community services.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.