An excellent opportunity exists for a suitably qualified Clinical Nurse Educator for the Peri-operative Services at a private hospital in Sydney.
As a Clinical Nurse Educator your responsibilities will include reporting to the Peri-operative Services Manager, you will take on a leadership role in providing hands on educational support and clinical teaching / facilitation to graduate nurses & students. You will promote a high standard of evidence based nursing care to all patients, through dissemination of current best practice knowledge. In addition, you will also ensure staff compliance to annual Mandatory Training and completion of eLearning components.
In this role, you will also attend relevant policy & procedure meetings, ward meetings and bi-monthly Education Meetings.
- Current nursing registration with AHPRA
- Minimum 4 years experience in a hospital theatre environment
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment or willingness to obtain
- Strong communication, negotiation, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
- A commitment to providing high quality patient care
- Strong customer service focus
- Specialist knowledge in all roles within the operating theatre
- Previous experience with coordination of a New Graduate Program desirable
Hospital, located in Western Sydney, is a 109 bed hospital and provides a wide range of health services including: orthopaedics, spinal, gynaecology, ENT, plastics, urology and general surgery, endoscopy, cardiology, cardiac angiography and obstetrics. Hospital has 8 operating theatres, one hybrid/cardiac catheterisation theatre and an endoscopy suite, supported by a critical care unit which includes intensive care.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send us your resume and covering letter by clicking APPLY NOW. Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.