An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Critical Care Nurse to provide educational support to the dynamic Cardiac Cath Lab team at a private hospital in Cairns. This is a permanent full-time or part-time role pending on the successful applicant, duties will be divided evenly between nursing and education.
As the clinical nurse / educator you will:
- Orientate new staff to the Cath Lab area, providing training for all aspects of Cath lab work, including angiography, angioplasty and pacemaker insertion
- Develop and co-ordinate education to address identified learning needs within Cath Lab, to ensure staff has appropriate skills and competence in this area
- Be responsible for ensuring all staff working in the area has completed the relevant competencies
- Support the performance appraisal and development of all nursing staff, and actively participate in performance improvement plans in collaboration with the Nurse Unit Manager
- Act as Team Leader and/or part of the clinical team in Cath Lab as rostered.
The successful applicant will meet the following criteria:
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Postgraduate qualification in Critical Care
- Certificate IV in Workplace Assessment and Training/Postgraduate qualification in Nursing Education or desire to work toward same
- Demonstrates advanced level of clinical skills, and broad experience in the field of Cardiac Catheter Laboratory nursing
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and effective interpersonal skills in communication, consultation, negotiation and conflict resolution within a team environment
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and application of contemporary nursing practice and theory, through the development and use of policies, procedures, and evidence based practice, research and evaluation of patient outcomes
- Ability to utilise effective teaching strategies to promote participant learning
Hospital offers flexible rostering and a commitment to education and staff development. You can enjoy the challenges and the opportunities to use your clinical, interpersonal and innovative skills to provide leading patient care.
Hospital offers a wide range of attractive employee benefits including:
- Staff recognition and rewards programs;
- Employee Benefits Club;
- Access to discounts including discounted private health insurance;
- Subsidised gym membership;
- Subsidised staff meals;
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program.
Hospital, located in far north Queensland, is a modern, well-equipped facility which offers a comprehensive range of medical and allied services. Hospital is committed to the provision of first class medical care for the people of the region and the thousands of tourists who visit the area. An extensive range of surgical services is offered including orthopaedic, vascular, urological, gynaecological and general services.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.