An excellent opportunity has become available for a motivated and passionate Registered Nurse inspired by professional development to take the exciting role of a Clinical staff Development Nurse at a private hospital in Perth.
As the Clinical Nurse and ward staff development Nurse, you will play a key role in the delivery of educational support to meet individual and organisational learning and development needs within the General Surgical Ward. Your responsibilities will include:
- Plan, develop and deliver nursing education courses/programs within the hospital;
- Orientate new staff utilizing education tools, modules and starter packages;
- Coordinate the ward whilst providing hands-on educational support, clinical teaching/facilitation and orientation to all staff, graduate nurses & students;
- Promote a high standard of evidence-based nursing care to all patients, through the dissemination of current best practice knowledge;
- Supervise staff compliance with annual Mandatory Training and completion of eLearning components;
- Ensure best practice competency-based programs are available and assessment of staff competencies are provided for all ward Staff;
- Deliver quality improvements including auditing and benchmarking;
- Completion of yearly performance reviews in conjunction with NUM.
As the successful applicant, you will possess the following attributes:
- Registration with AHPRA;
- At least 5 years of previous experience working in a general surgical ward;
- Post Graduate Certificate in surgical nursing (or working towards);
- Demonstrated delivery on education presentations and hands-on practical education as required;
- Ability to achieve results through consultation, advice and facilitation;
- A high degree of computer literacy including MS Office;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The hospital offers great benefits including:
- A friendly and supportive team environment;
- Nearby off-site parking;
- Flexible working hours.
Hospital, located in Perth, provides a comprehensive range of services across most adult specialties. The Operating Theatre department consists of 11 theatres covering a range of specialities including cardiothoracic, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, general and plastic reconstructive surgery.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.