Exciting opportunities exist for motivated and enthusiastic healthcare professionals with experience in dementia care to work at a Dementia Centre.
As a Dementia Consultant you will be responsible for:
- Providing dementia specific expert consulting and advisory services;
- Delivery of the DSA (incorporating SBRT and DBMAS) service, that includes assessment to understand the causes, case management, supporting, mentoring and modelling to reduce the impact of behaviours on people living with dementia, their carers and staff.
As the successful applicant, you will possess the following attributes:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in dementia care at a senior level;
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical advice and translate information into practical steps;
- Tertiary qualification in the area of Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Social Worker & Psychology;
- Significant interest in professional development and demonstrate ability to enhance personal/professional practice;
- High level of supportive and empathetic communication, interpersonal and influencing skills;
- Strong planning and organising skills to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and initiative;
- Ability to document accurately and experience in report writing;
- Willingness to travel.
The facility offers competitive salaries, accredited dementia specific training & career development opportunities, and a fabulous benefits program which include:
- Competitive Salaries;
- 6 month orientation for all consultants;
- Salary sacrifice benefits – including vehicle packaging;
- Support and mentoring for new Consultants;
- Learning and development with a dedicated Professional Development Consultant;
- Great opportunities for career progression within;
- Up to 14 week paid parental leave;
- Option to buy an additional 2 weeks leave.
Facility specialises in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.