Director of Clinical Services | Sydney
An excellent opportunity exists for a proficient manager with the sound resource management skills to ensure efficient and effective functioning of all clinical departments at a private hospital in Sydney.
As the DCS you will be accountable for providing clinical direction, governance, quality and operational management of the clinical services encompassing nursing and allied health. As part of the hospital executive team, the role will lead and manage a team of professional clinical managers and effectively engage with the VMOs and Medical team to deliver high quality clinical care. On a day to day basis, the DCS will oversee all practical aspects of care delivery such as bed management, patient flow strategies, provision of clinical care and therapy services, doctor engagement and staffing practices.
You will be a motivated clinical leader who can demonstrate previous experience managing a large clinical department or multiple departments. Additionally, the successful applicant will have:
- Relevant registration with the AHPRA
- At least 5 years’ experience in a senior management position within the healthcare industry
- Formal post-graduate qualifications in management or working towards same
- Proven strategic direction, workforce analysis and policy development skills
- A commitment to the professional development of the workforce
- Knowledge and understanding of contemporary clinical risk management strategies that are effective in promoting and ensuring high quality patient care
- Awareness of relevant legislative requirements, The National Standards and governing body reporting responsibilities of hospital/ clinical services departments
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing organisational change, financial reporting, and quality improvement processes.
- Strong computer skills using MS Office Suite and web-based reporting system
Hospital, located in a peaceful area of Sydney’s Upper North Shore, is a 119 bed specialist rehabilitation facility with a day therapy unit and outpatients department. Hospital boasts an excellent clinical reputation as a leader in private rehabilitation with large modern treatment areas, two hydrotherapy pools and fully equipped gymnasiums.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send us your resume and covering letter by clicking APPLY NOW. Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.