An exciting and unique opportunity exists for a highly experienced Consultant Psychiatrist to join the Mental Health Service as Clinical Director at a private hospital in Northern Sydney. The hospital opens in October 2018.
As the Director of Mental Health your responsibilities will include:
- Effective leadership and management of the day to day operations and services of the Mental Health service, including clinical practice and patient continuum of care
- Developing, implementing and evaluating the Mental Health Services to deliver a service of excellence
- Strategic and operational oversight for the department’s medical clinical governance including quality, accreditation, medicolegal, incident management and patient safety
- Identifying opportunities for clinical improvement of service/programs and facilitate the change
- Identifying opportunities for service development and enhancement
- Facilitating high quality teamwork within the service and throughout the hospital
- Training and education of junior medical staff and registrars and ensuring they are well supported
The successful applicant will have:
- Registered Medical Practitioner in NSW (MBBS)
- Currently registered or eligible for registration with AHPRA
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (or equivalent)
- Proven experience in driving a culture of clinical excellence and quality/risk management
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing staff within a complex clinical department
- Demonstrated capacity for teamwork, collaboration and strong clinical leadership
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and effective communication with staff and VMOs of the hospital
- Demonstrated ability in implementing, monitoring and evaluating clinical governance systems.
- Strong commitment to high quality patient care and to addressing the needs of current and potential clients and carers
- Evidence of and commitment to medical education including the delivery of teaching programs
- Demonstrated ability and experience in clinical strategic planning and a commitment to research
- Willingness to participate in an on-call roster
Hospital, opening in late 2018, will provide a range of healthcare services to the Northern Beaches community with 488 beds and room to expand in the future. The busy hospital includes 14 operating theatres, two cardiac catheter labs and four procedure rooms. A 50-space Emergency Department on the ground floor is adjacent to the onsite Medical Centre (GPs) to respond to public and private patient healthcare needs. Extensive services include Critical Care, Intensive Care, Birthing, Paediatrics, Special Care Nursery, Mental Health, Oncology, Renal Dialysis, Surgery and Medical, Outpatient, Medical Imaging (including Nuclear Medicine), Pathology and Pharmacy.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.