A unique key leadership role has become available for a dynamic leader to provide operational direction for the surgical speciality at a private hospital in Northern Sydney.
- Track and coordinate the logistics required to ensure equipment, instrumentation and staff are provided for specialty sessions
- Oversee safe, quality care that meets current best practice standards
- Undertake a hands-on role, where required
- Practice according to evidence based care and contemporary practice
- Participate in the orientation of new staff and ensure all resources are developed, implemented and continuously improved
- Develop and or implement new systems/practices according to need
- Work closely with surgeons and anaesthetists to ensure delivery of high quality care, efficiency of services and to develop a strong working relationship with these doctors.
The successful applicant will have:
- Current registration with the AHPRA
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing) or equivalent
- Post graduate qualification in peri-operative nursing
- Post graduate qualification in Leadership and Management (or commitment to complete - graduate certificate or higher)
- At least 5 years’ experience in endoscopy theatre nursing
- Recent experience working in a peri-operative suite undertaking complex surgical procedures
- Knowledge of legislative requirements and Australian College of Operating Room Nurses (ACORN) standards
- Proven experience building and leading high performing teams with a service excellence approach
- Passionate about building strong relationships and delivering exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated skills in workforce planning, rostering and working within budgeted work hours
- High level of planning and organising skills
- Well-developed oral and written communication
- High degree of computer literacy
- Prior experience in the private healthcare system will be well regarded
Hospital, located in beautiful Frenchs Forest, provides high quality services for both public and private patients to the Northern Beaches community. The Interventional Suite accommodates adult & paediatrics patients, for planned & unplanned procedures &/or surgery. It comprises: 14 state-of-the-art operating theatres including a hybrid theatre & a cardiothoracic theatre; 2 Cardiac Catheter Labs; 4 Procedure Rooms; 41 bed Recovery Unit; Anaesthetics Service and state of the art Sterilising Services Department.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.