An excellent opportunity exists for a highly motivated and experienced Medical Director to become a part of the Executive team of a private hospital in Northern Sydney. The hospital opens in October 2018.
You will be responsible providing leadership and direction to the medical workforce, specialist clinical operations, education services and the hospital quality portfolio to complement the strategic direction, operational processes, budget and business direction of the NBH.
The successful applicant will have:
- Registered Medical Practitioner in NSW (MBBS)
- Demonstrated experience at an executive/senior level in driving a culture of professional medical management and quality and safety, inclusive of workforce, professional practice, clinical ethics, clinical teaching and leadership
- At least 5 years clinical experience beyond Registrar level
- Understanding of National Safety & Quality Healthcare Standards
- Experience in the private sector
- Well-developed understanding of quality in health care
- Demonstrated high level of competence in interpersonal skills, consultation and effective communication with staff of the hospital and Senior Medical Practitioners (SMPs), professional organisations, medical colleges, HETI and universities
- Demonstrated ability and experience in clinical strategic planning and clinical leadership in large acute public and private healthcare facilities
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff in line with quality human resource management practices including employment equity, antidiscrimination, WH&S, ethical behaviour and a demonstrated commitment to implementation of same
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of Medical Administrators (FRACMA)
Staff amenities include:
- Large onsite Education Centre, plus training and meeting rooms throughout the hospital
- Showers, lockers and secure bicycle racks
- Fresh-cook food on site, plus restaurant, café and other retail
- Concierge services for staff to assist with their needs
- Discounted car parking
- Health checks and vaccinations from the onsite Medical Centre
Hospital, opening in late 2018, will provide a range of healthcare services to the Northern Beaches community with 488 beds and room to expand in the future. The busy hospital includes 14 operating theatres, two cardiac catheter labs and four procedure rooms. A 50-space Emergency Department on the ground floor is adjacent to the onsite Medical Centre (GPs) to respond to public and private patient healthcare needs. Extensive services include Critical Care, Intensive Care, Birthing, Paediatrics, Special Care Nursery, Mental Health, Oncology, Renal Dialysis, Surgery and Medical, Outpatient, Medical Imaging (including Nuclear Medicine), Pathology and Pharmacy.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send us your resume and covering letter by clicking APPLY NOW. Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.