Excellent opportunities exist for innovative and dynamic Registered Nurses to join the mental health team at a private clinic in North West Sydney. Permanent full-time and part-time positions are available working, 7-day-a-week rosters, including weekends and night duty.
As a Registered Mental Health Nurse, your responsibilities will include:
- Planning, assessing, implementing and evaluating nursing care in collaboration with individuals/patients/their families and the multidisciplinary team so as to achieve identified recovery goals and health outcomes;
- Take a case management role in the coordination of nursing care and work in partnership with Enrolled Nurses (ENs) and Assistants in Nursing (AINs) providing supervision, direction and guidance;
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team, attending ward rounds and other relevant MDT meetings;
- Take a recovery focused approach to achieving collaborative recovery goals and health outcomes with the patients;
- Have a proactive role in quality improvement, modelling exemplary practice in Mental Health Nursing;
- A comprehensive understanding and experience in basic assessments and interventions in Mental Health and interventions in Alcohol and Drugs, with demonstrable experience in the same field;
- Advocating patient needs and recovery goals;
- Work with family and carers of patients towards achieving long term relapse prevention strategies.
- Current registration with the AHPRA
- Postgraduate qualifications in Mental Health / or be working towards post graduate qualifications in mental health or Recovery in Addiction, either independently or as a provisional development plan with the clinic;
- Have experience and an understanding of HoNOS;
- Have an understanding of continuous improvement, WH&S and risk management;
- A strong commitment to customer service and quality outcomes
- Computer literate;
- Ability to work with the team environment;
- Promote internal education and preceptorship.
The hospital offers a friendly and supportive staff environment with a strong commitment to the provision of excellence in care delivery and patient goal attained/outcomes.
Hospital, located in North West Sydney, is a private mental health facility offering inpatient and day treatment programs for mood and anxiety disorders, psychosis intervention, depression, PTSD, Anger Management and medically assisted detoxification from alcohol and other substances, as well as in orthopaedics, neurological, cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.