Excellent opportunities exist for experienced mental health registered nurses to join the team at a private hospital in Northern Sydney.
As the Registered Nurse you will:
- Provide a high level of clinical care and exceptional customer service to patients
- Perform nursing care interventions based on evidence-based practice
- Liaise with the multi-disciplinary team as required
- Coordinate nursing care and provide hands-on nursing care
- Support staff education and learning through sharing knowledge and skills
- Deliver education and support to individuals/patients for the management of their health recovery and rehabilitation
- Establish a professional working relationship with VMOs, Staff Specialists and other stakeholders
The successful applicant will have:
- Current registration with the AHPRA
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing) or equivalent
- Post Graduate Certificate in Mental Health (or working towards)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the mental health setting and implementing a Recovery model of care
- More than 2 years’ experience working in an acute hospital setting
- Demonstrated practice according to evidence based nursing and latest contemporary practices in nursing
- Sound clinical decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage challenging situations calmly
- Able to provide education, support and guidance to peers, patients and their families
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Flexibility with shift allocations, timing.
- Private health experience will be well regarded
Hospital, opening in late 2018, will provide a range of healthcare services to the Northern Beaches community. Treatment & care follows the principles of patient-centred care and implementing a contemporary Recovery model of care across the Mental Health Service with active involvement from family & carers, an unrestrictive, safe environment, multidisciplinary approach to interventions, with holistic & self-care where possible and ongoing support through community services.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.