An unique opportunity has become available for a highly experienced Nursing Manager who enjoys the challenges of developing new services at a private hospital in Northern Sydney.
As the Birthing Services Manager you will make an impact by providing leadership and direction to Birthing services to complement the strategic direction, operational processes, budget and business direction of the hospital.
The key focus areas for the Birthing Services Manager will include:
- Leading and fostering excellence in birthing services and promoting a high standard of evidence based midwifery care to all patients
- Providing operational direction for the department to ensure efficient and effective management
- Coordinating the delivery of midwifery care that is evidence based
- Effectively managing human, financial and material resources and ensure patient service is maintained at optimal levels
- Undertaking hands on care providing guidance and support to less experienced members of the midwifery team
- Establishing and maintaining strong stakeholder partnerships to ensure a positive, collaborative and effective education culture exists in all departments
- Implementing new systems/practices according to service/patient need
- Being proactive in the development, implementation and monitoring of midwifery services across hospital
- Establishing networking initiatives with other hospitals and community organisations and creatively implementing changes which will enhance the performance of the unit
- Effectively managing the Birthing Services KPIs and taking corrective action.
The successful applicant will have:
- Current registration with the AHPRA
- Bachelor of Midwifery or Graduate Diploma in Midwifery (if Bachelor of Nursing is first qualification) or equivalent
- Post graduate qualification in Leadership and Management
- Minimum of 5 years clinical care in midwifery with demonstrated practice according to evidence based care and contemporary practice
- Demonstrated effective change management skills
- A commitment to a high standard of clinical and patient focused care
- Proven ability to lead a team, providing teaching, coaching and mentoring
- Demonstrated planning and organisational skills
- Well-developed problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior experience in a large, acute hospital setting would be well regarded
Hospital, located in beautiful Frenchs Forest, provides high quality services for both public and private patients to the Northern Beaches community. The Birthing Suite has 5 public & 5 private birthing rooms – each with state of the art equipment and a bath for pain relief during labour. 3 of the rooms are equipped with a birthing pool. In addition there are 2 assessment/induction rooms.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.