An excellent opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic and experienced instrument nurse to join the dynamic orthopaedic/neuro team at a private hospital in Sydney.
As a Neurosurgical Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Adhering to ACORN standards and Hospital policy and procedure;
- Providing evidence-based nursing care;
- Providing clinical expertise and depth to the orthopaedic spinal/neurosurgical teams;
- Liaising with the multi-disciplinary team;
- Ensuring patient and staff safety;
- Ensuring e-learning and Mandatory training is completed on a regular basis.
The Neurosurgical Coordinator will fulfil their role within the department with the support of the Perioperative Services Manager, Deputy Theatre Manager and Clinical Nurse Educator.
To be successful in this position, you will require the following:
- Current AHPRA registration;
- A minimum of 5 years’ post-graduate experience as a neurosurgical instrument nurse;
- Demonstrated ability act as a patient advocate;
- Demonstrated professional manner when working with complex situations;
- Advanced communication skills as part of a multi-disciplinary team with a willingness to teach and preceptor staff;
- Flexibility to work a rotating roster including evenings, on-call and ad hoc Saturdays;
- Post Graduate Qualifications in Perioperative Nursing desirable.
Hospital, located in Sydney’s North West, is one of the largest private hospitals in NSW, providing an extensive range of surgical and medical services. The 55-bed Orthopaedic Ward specialises in General surgery, orthopaedic procedures, Joint replacements lower/upper limb orthopaedics and other surgical procedure.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.