An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced nursing leader to take up a permanent Unit Manager position within the perioperative team at a private hospital in Perth.
As a NUM, your key responsibilities will be:
- Day to day operational management of the Operating Theatre ensuring timely commencement of elective surgery lists, appropriate staff skill mix and co-ordination of emergency requirements;
- Adaptability, respecting diversity, innovative thinking, application of evidence-based practise and self-management;
- You will be accountable for the effective management of human, financial and material resources and ensure customer service is maintained at optimal levels;
- You will undertake direct patient care as required providing guidance and support to less experienced members of the nursing team;
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial of a multidisciplinary team; a proven leader that engages staff in the provision of excellent health care.
As a successful applicant, you will possess the following attributes:
- Registration with AHPRA;
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a managerial capacity;
- Post Graduate Certificate in perioperative nursing (or working towards);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A strong commitment to developing in a management role;
- A commitment to a high standard of clinical and customer-focused care;
- A high degree of computer literacy including MS Office and various databases;
- Ability to work cohesively within a team environment;
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills;
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge base in labour management;
- Demonstrated HR management experience.
Hospital, located in Perth, is an acute private facility providing a comprehensive range of services across most adult specialties. The Operating Theatre department consists of 11 theatres covering a range of specialities including cardiothoracic, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, general and plastic reconstructive surgery.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.