An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced nursing leader to take up a permanent Unit Manager position within the cardiothoracic team at a private hospital in Perth.
As the NUM your key responsibilities will be:
- Provide leadership and direction to the ward to complement the strategic direction, operational processes, budget and business direction of the hospital;
- Provide operational direction for the unit to ensure efficient and effective management of the area and coordinate the delivery of the nursing care that is evidence-based;
- Be accountable and responsible for the effective management of human, financial and material resources and ensure the customer service is maintained at optimal levels;
- Participate in marketing initiatives of the hospital to promote growth, help identify clinical areas for expansion and represent the hospital at external clinical forums;
- Undertake direct patient care as required providing guidance and support to less experienced members of the nursing team;
- Participate in working parties/committees and demonstrate a commitment to continuous quality improvements through NSQHS, workplace health and safety and achievement of hospital accreditation;
- Take an active role in the management of WHS issues pertaining to the unit;
- Completion of yearly performance reviews.
As the successful applicant, you will possess the following attributes:
- Registration with AHPRA;
- Senior Nurse with at least three years’ experience working in a managerial capacity;
- Post Graduate Certificate in cardio-thoracic / peri-operative nursing (or working towards)
- Demonstrated knowledge of delivering on Key KPI’s;
- Ability to achieve results through consultation, advice and facilitation;
- A high degree of computer literacy including MS Office;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The hospital offers great benefits including:
- A competitive salary;
- On the job learning;
- Ongoing education and professional development;
- A friendly and supportive team environment;
- Nearby off-site parking;
- Flexible working hours.
Hospital, located in Perth, is an acute private facility providing a comprehensive range of services across most adult specialties. The Operating Theatre department consists of 11 theatres covering a range of specialities including cardiothoracic, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, general and plastic reconstructive surgery.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.