An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced nursing manager to lead a dynamic team in the Coronary Care Unit and contribute to an experienced senior management team at a private hospital on the Gold Coast.
As the Nurse Unit Manager you will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the ward/unit to complement the strategic direction, operational processes, budget and business direction of the hospital/facility. You will provide operational direction for the unit/ward to ensure efficient and effective management of the area and coordinate the delivery of nursing care that is evidence based. In addition you will be accountable for the effective management of human, financial and material resources and ensure customer service is maintained at optimal levels. You will undertake direct patient care as required providing guidance and support to less experienced members of the nursing team.
The right candidate will have experience working in cardiac services / critical care department and a passion for nursing leadership and also the following:
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Demonstrate consolidated clinical management experience in an acute cardiac environment
- Previous exposure to management of labour hours, rostering, budgetary and performance evaluation are essential
- Possess effective interpersonal relationship, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent team player with an ability to work harmoniously in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Leadership skills in managing a team to achieve high standards of clinical care at all times
Hospital offers fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Competitive Salary
- Supportive Leadership Team
- Education and training support to achieve your career objectives
- Great location on the stunning Gold Coast
Hospital, located on the Gold Coast, is a 284 bed acute facility providing all acute medical and surgical services, paediatrics, obstetrics and cardiac to the patients. The cardiac unit has 14 Coronary Care beds and 16 Cardiac Telemetry Beds. The unit works in conjunction with our state of the art Catheter Lab as well as supporting our Emergency department to provide excellent care for the Gold Coast Community.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send us your resume and covering letter by clicking APPLY NOW. Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.