An excellent opportunity exists for a suitably experienced nursing manager to lead the Endoscopy Unit at a private hospital in Melbourne.
As the NUM you will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the unit to complement the strategic direction, operational processes, budget and business direction of the hospital. You will provide operational direction for the unit to ensure efficient and effective management of the area and coordinate the delivery of nursing care that is evidence based. In addition you will be accountable for the effective management of human, financial and material resources and ensure customer service is maintained at optimal levels. As the Nurse Unit Manager you will undertake direct patient care and provide guidance and support to less experienced members of the nursing team.
- Registration with AHPRA;
- Previous team management experience;
- Previous endoscopy experience;
- Highly motivated and organised individual with proven time management and prioritisation skill;
- Confident in dealing with all medical and other management staff;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A strong commitment to developing in a management role;
- A commitment to a high standard of clinical and customer focused care;
- High degree of computer literacy;
- Ability to work cohesively within a team environment and give direction;
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge base in labour management;
- Demonstrated HR management experience;
- Ability to take part in on-call duties for the unit;
- Flexible with start times and hours.
Hospital, located in Melbourne, is a private facility. The Day Procedure Unit caters for a wide range of patients. This includes gastroenterology, urology, EBUS, and short stay day surgery patients. The Day Procedure Unit comprises of six admission/ recovery bays and a single endoscopy/procedure room. The unit is responsible for admitting, recovery and discharge of all patients that are booked into the procedural area. In addition the unit also admits, recovers and discharges patients that are having day procedures elsewhere in the hospital e.g. coronary angiogram studies and smaller surgical procedures.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.