An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced nursing manager to lead a dynamic team in the Intensive Care Unit and contribute to an experienced senior management team at a private hospital on the Gold Coast.
As the Nurse Unit Manager you will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the unit to complement the strategic direction, operational processes, budget and business direction of the hospital. You will provide operational direction for the unit/ward to ensure efficient and effective management of the area and coordinate the delivery of nursing care that is evidence based. In addition you will be accountable for the effective management of human, financial and material resources and ensure customer service is maintained at optimal levels. You will undertake direct patient care as required providing guidance and support to less experienced members of the nursing team.
The right candidate will have experience working in critical care department and a passion for nursing leadership and also the following:
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Previous experience at NUM level or equivalent
- Experience in the Acute setting
- Degree in relevant specialty area
- Compliance with ACQSHC National standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong commitment to developing in a management role
- A commitment to a high standard of clinical and customer focused care
- High degree of computer literacy including MS office and various data bases
- Ability to work cohesively within a team environment
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge base in labour management
- Demonstrated HR management experience
Hospital offers fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Competitive Salary
- Supportive Leadership Team
- Education and training support to achieve your career objectives
- Great location on the stunning Gold Coast
Hospital, located on the Gold Coast, is a 284 bed acute facility providing all acute medical and surgical services, paediatrics, obstetrics and cardiac to the patients. Within the brand new 12 bed Intensive Care Centre it's provided quality care to a wide variety of patients including general medical, obstetric, surgical, and cardiac surgery. Interventions available within ICC include invasive mechanical ventilation, non-invasive positive pressure ventilation, inotropic therapy, cardiac monitoring, Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump, renal replacement therapy and invasive haemodynamic monitoring.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send us your resume and covering letter by clicking APPLY NOW. Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.