An unique opportunity has become available for a highly experienced Nursing Manager who enjoys the challenges of developing a new services at a private hospital in Northern Sydney.
As the Intensive Care Unit Manager you will make an impact by providing day to day operational direction ensuring efficient and effective management of the area. You will have an opportunity to shape your own team.
- ensure that the delivery of nursing care within the department is optimal, is evidence based, efficient and meets the needs of patients
- coordinate patient services including admission/discharge, liaison with the interdisciplinary teams, clinical emergency response teams and the ICU outreach services
- oversee safe, quality care that meets current best practice standards
- undertake a hands-on role, where required
- understand legislative requirements and national standards
- identify opportunities for program development and enhancement of services
- facilitate and support quality teamwork within the service and with other departments of hospital and the broader network
- encourage a participatory team approach to service delivery, canvass ideas and strategies to enhance care and service delivery
- work closely with surgeons and anaesthetists to ensure delivery of high quality care, efficiency of services and to develop a strong working relationship with these doctors
The successful applicant will have:
- Current registration with the AHPRA
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing) or equivalent
- Post graduate qualification in intensive care - graduate certificate or higher
- Post graduate qualification in leadership or management
- Demonstrated recent experience in managing a level 5/6 (public sector) / Level 2 (private sector) ICU
- Advanced clinical competence
- Proven experience building and leading high performing teams with a service excellence approach
- Passionate about building strong relationships and delivering exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated skills in workforce planning, rostering and working within budgeted work hours
- High level of planning and organising skills
- Strong influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to adapt personal style to suit a varied audience & a variety of interpersonal styles
- Well-developed oral and written communication
- High degree of computer literacy
- Prior experience in the private healthcare system will be well regarded
Hospital, opening in late 2018, will provide a range of healthcare services to the Northern Beaches community. The Intensive Care Unit has 20 beds in total, providing high dependency & intensive care services & are equipped to provide advanced & highly specialised care & close monitoring of critically ill adult patients.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.