An unique opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic and motivated nursing manager with demonstrated leadership and management experience to provide support to the leadership and nursing team in the Intensive Care Unit at a private hospital in Northern Sydney.
As the Intensive Care Unit Manager you will make an impact by providing day to day operational direction ensuring efficient and effective management of the area.
- ensure that the delivery of nursing care within the department is optimal, is evidence based, efficient and meets the needs of patients;
- coordinate patient services including admission/discharge, liaison with the interdisciplinary teams, clinical emergency response teams and the ICU outreach services;
- oversee safe, quality care that meets current best practice standards;
- undertake a hands-on role, where required;
- understand legislative requirements and national standards;
- identify opportunities for program development and enhancement of services;
- facilitate and support quality teamwork within the service and with other departments of hospital and the broader network
- encourage a participatory team approach to service delivery, canvass ideas and strategies to enhance care and service delivery;
- work closely with surgeons and anaesthetists to ensure delivery of high quality care, efficiency of services and to develop a strong working relationship with these doctors.
The successful applicant will have:
- Current registration with the AHPRA;
- Minimum 5 years post graduate experience in ICU;
- Post Graduate Certificate in Critical Care Nursing;
- Previous management experience;
- Qualifications in leadership and Management;
- High level of planning and organising skills;
- Well-developed oral and written communication;
- High degree of computer literacy;
- Prior experience in the private healthcare system will be well regarded.
Hospital, located in Sydney’s North West, is one of the largest private hospitals in NSW, providing an extensive range of surgical and medical services. Hospital has 20 bedded Intensive Care Unit. It is a general Intensive Care Unit catering for the needs of the area with key specialities including cardiothoracic, neurosurgery and general surgery as well complex medical cases.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.