An unique opportunity has become available for a dynamic Midwifery / Nurse Leader to manage the Women's and Children's Services Unit at a private hospital in Darwin.
As the Women's and Children's Services Nurse Unit Manager you will undertake direct patient care as required providing guidance and support to less experienced members of the nursing team. You will provide operational direction for the unit to ensure efficient and effective management of the area and coordinate the delivery of nursing care that is evidence based. In addition you will be accountable for the effective management of human, financial and material resources and ensure customer service is maintained at optimal levels.
The right candidate will be an enthusiastic team player who enjoys the challenges of developing a new service. You will work in close liaison with key stakeholders to provide innovative care options for mothers and neonates.
To be successful in this position you will require the following:
- Registration with APRHA as a Registered Midwife / Nurse
- Thorough understanding of ACHS principles, processes and procedures
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Senior Nursing Role
- Highly experienced Midwife/Nurse
- High level interpersonal skills and problem solving skills
- Strong sense of Customer Service
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Able to proactively manage financial, material and human resources
Hospital, located in Darwin, is an acute facility and provides a broad range of multiday and day surgery including, General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Plastic and Reconstructive, Urology, Gastroenterology, Neurosurgery and ENT. Hospital has 7 theatres, a new CSSD and a dedicated scope room.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.