Nurse Unit Manager – Maternity Services | Perth
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced nursing manager to lead the Maternity Services at a private hospital in Perth.
As the Nurse Unit Manager of the maternity ward, you will be required to work collaboratively with key stakeholders to develop and implement new models of midwifery services. The Nurse Unit Manager is to provide dynamic, innovative and professional midwifery leadership and expert evidence based midwifery practice. The role requires someone who will motivate, engage and lead their team through new developments while creating an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
As the successful applicant, you will possess the following attributes:
- Current registration with AHPRA
- A minimum of five years post registration experience in Midwifery that demonstrates advanced clinical skills across the scope of midwifery practice
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a Nurse Unit Manager of a maternity ward
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated initiative in identifying problems and solutions to them
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate a continuous improvement program
- Ability to apply research findings to clinical practice.
- Flexible working arrangement
- Generous salary packaging options to increase your take home pay
- Staff discounts for car-parking/café
- Access to staff gym
- Exciting career paths in both clinical and leadership streams
- Access to internal job opportunities across whole group
Hospital, located in Perth, has 110 beds including a 17 bed Day Surgery unit and a 10 bed Palliative Care unit. The maternity service offers women and their families access to a full range of facilities including operating theatre - around-the-clock operating theatre access for patients requiring an emergency or planned caesarean section, Anaesthetic service, special care nursery (licensed level 2 special care nursery), paediatrician.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send us your resume and covering letter by clicking APPLY NOW. Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.