An exciting and unique opportunity exists for a highly experienced Nursing Manager to lead a mental health service for the care of older persons at a private hospital in Northern Sydney.
As the Nursing Unit Manager you will make an impact by providing day to day operational direction for the Adult Acute mental health ward ensuring efficient and effective management. The role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services within the ward. You will have an opportunity to shape your own team. This ward will be a Declared Mental Health Facility, and as such will take involuntary patients.
The successful applicant will have:
- Current registration with the AHPRA
- Post graduate Mental Health qualification
- Formal management qualifications or working towards
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving skills
- Experience in the Acute mental health setting and with implementing a Recovery model of care
- Proven experience building and leading high performing teams with a service excellence approach
- Demonstrated ability to manage change
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive working relations with a wide range of diverse stakeholders
- Proven high level communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Demonstrated initiative and creative thinking
- A commitment to a high standard of clinical and patient focused care
- Ability to adopt a strategic overview whilst managing complex, challenging and demanding daily operational issues
- High degree of computer literacy
Hospital, opening in late 2018, will provide a range of healthcare services to the Northern Beaches community with 488 beds and room to expand in the future. The busy hospital includes 14 operating theatres, two cardiac catheter labs and four procedure rooms. Extensive services include Critical Care, Intensive Care, Birthing, Paediatrics, Special Care Nursery, Mental Health, Oncology, Renal Dialysis, Surgery and Medical, Outpatient, Medical Imaging (including Nuclear Medicine), Pathology and Pharmacy.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.