Nurse Unit Manager – Mental Health | Rockhampton
An exciting opportunity has become available for a dynamic and highly motivated Nurse Unit Manager with demonstrated skills in leadership and ward management to lead the 24 bed Acute Inpatient Mental Health Ward at a private hospital in regional QLD.
The successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of patient care, developing and maintaining safe clinical practices and excellent clinical outcomes, quality improvement, human resource management and ensuring the department meets the operating budget KPI's.
As the NUM your key duties will be:
- Work closely with the Hospital Executive Team to shape organisational strategy, improve procedural service provision and achieve departmental and Hospital business objectives.
- Working with and supporting other managers in achieving excellence in care delivery in line with best practice and legislative requirements.
- Planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services to ensure ongoing continuous improvement resulting in optimal patient outcomes.
- Accountable for the efficient management of all human & material resources within the department.
As the successful candidate you will posses:
- Current AHPRA registration
- Extensive clinical experience working in a senior role within a mental health environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to motivate, inspire and support a clinical team.
- Ability to provide expert clinical guidance and strong clinical role modelling in the acute mental health inpatient environment
- Demonstrated knowledge in initiating and implementing changes to improve clinical service delivery outcomes, models of care and evidence based practice.
- Evidence of and commitment to patient/customer focused care, clinical governance and quality improvement.
- Excellence in written and verbal communication skills and computer literacy, including Microsoft Office.
- Additional post grad qualifications in mental health highly regarded
Hospital, located in Rockhampton, QLD is a 66 bed acute care facility offering a range of services including medical, general surgical and mental health services. The hospital specialises in Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Urology, Gynaecology, IVF, General Medicine and Mental Health.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send us your resume and covering letter by clicking APPLY NOW. Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.