An exciting and unique opportunity exists for a highly experienced Nursing Manager to lead a mental health Short Stay Unit team at a private hospital in Northern Sydney.
As the Nursing Unit Manager you will make an impact by providing day to day operational direction for the Adult Acute mental health ward ensuring efficient and effective management. The role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services within the ward. You will have an opportunity to shape your own team.
- oversee safe, quality care that meets current best practice standards;
- assist the Mental Health Manager in the leadership and direction of the service;
- manage and support recovery staff in the delivery of the peri-operative services;
- undertake a hands-on role, where required.
The successful applicant will have:
- Current registration with the AHPRA;
- Post graduate Mental Health qualification;
- Minimum of 5 years’ clinical experience in Mental Health Services;
- Extensive clinical skills and experience working in an acute mental health unit;
- Experience managing a peri-operative specialty or department;
- Proven experience building and leading high performing teams with a service excellence approach;
- Passionate about building strong relationships and delivering exceptional customer service;
- Demonstrated skills in workforce planning, rostering and working within budgeted work hours;
- High level of planning and organising skills;
- Strong influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to adapt personal style to suit a varied audience & a variety of interpersonal styles;
- Well-developed oral and written communication;
- High degree of computer literacy;
- Prior experience in the private healthcare system will be well regarded.
Hospital, located in beautiful Frenchs Forest, provides high quality services for both public and private patients to the Northern Beaches community. The Mental Health unit has been designed, built & fitted to an exceptionally high standard in order to provide a pleasant environment, whilst meeting the requirements for an acute mental health facility. Short Stay is a 6-bed acute unit consisting of 2-bed rooms & a 4-bedded bay. Treatment & care follows these principles: consumer-centred care with active involvement from family & carers; an unrestrictive, safe environment; and a multidisciplinary approach to interventions, with holistic & self-care where possible ongoing support through community services.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.