An excellent opportunity has become available for a dynamic and experienced Nursing Manager to lead the professional team in Oncology Services at a private hospital in Newcastle, NSW.
As the Nurse Unit Manager you will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Inpatient and Day Oncology Services to complement the strategic direction, operational processes, budget and business direction of the hospital. You will provide operational direction for Day Oncology and Inpatient beds to ensure efficient and effective management of the area and coordinate the delivery of nursing care that is evidence based. In addition he/ she will be accountable and responsible for the effective management of human, financial and material resources and ensure customer service is maintained at optimal levels. The NUM will undertake direct patient care as required, providing guidance and support to less experienced members of the nursing team.
As the successful applicant, you will possess the following attributes:
- Current AHPRA registration;
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing) or equivalent;
- Post graduate qualifications in Oncology;
- Extensive experience in Oncology Services with greater than 3 years’ experience in an acute hospital setting;
- Proven organisational, financial and problem-solving skills;
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proven ability to work well within a team, providing teaching, coaching and mentoring;
- Well-developed written, verbal and computer literacy skills;
- Experience in Human Resources Management desirable;
- Experience with Accreditation and application of the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards desirable;
- Post Graduate qualification in Health/Business Management or undertaking same desirable.
Hospital provides opportunities for professional development and career succession.
Hospital, located in Newcastle, is an acute bed hospital that has 9 Operating Theatres, a Maternity Department and busy surgical wards. Hospital offers the highest standards of health care and technology in obstetric, surgical, medical, oncology and rehabilitation services.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.