Nurse Unit Manager – Operating Theatre | Mackay
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced nursing leader with the ability to influence and guide to assist with the management of the Operating Theatre complex at a private hospital in Mackay. It is a fixed term full time position, initially for 3 months with the view to becoming permanent.
- Determine clinical competency strengths and weaknesses of personnel within the Unit;
- Determine theatres are being optimally utilised;
- Review managerial structure of the Unit model of the Unit to ensure operational needs are being appropriate and adequately met;
- Review procedural practices in regards to excellence in clinical delivery and data capturing;
- Establish workplace cultural issues of both VMOs and staff within the Unit;
- Determine compliance with AS4187:2014, Scraca and ACORN standards; and, but not limited to
- Determine with competencies mandatory and specific to work group as well as compliance with WHO safety site checking and tray lists checking.
Additionally the suitable candidate will be able to provide support to implement strategic change to support the operational initiatives of the complex.
As the successful applicant, you will possess the following attributes:
- Current registration with AHPRA
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
- Prior comparable experience in a leadership/supervisory role in a health care environment
- Postgraduate qualifications in peri-operative nursing
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated initiative in identifying problems and solutions to them
- Demonstrated leadership, human resource and business skills.
Hospital, located in Mackay, is a 105 bed private facility offering a full range of medical, surgical and maternity services. Specialties include oncology, medical, surgical, obstetric, coronary care and palliative care unit. X-ray, pathology and pharmacy services are also available. The Hospital also features a recently expanded day surgery unit and operating theatres.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send us your resume and covering letter by clicking APPLY NOW. Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.