An exciting opportunity has become available for a nurse manager to lead a team of senior nurses and technicians working together for excellent outcomes within a very satisfying work environment at a private hospital in Melbourne.
As a NUM:
- you will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the unit to complement the strategic direction, operational processes, budget and business direction of the hospital;
- you will provide operational direction for the unit to ensure efficient and effective management of the area and coordinate the delivery of nursing care that is evidence based;
- you will be accountable for the effective management of human, financial and material resources and ensure customer service is maintained at optimal levels;
- You will undertake direct patient care as required providing guidance and support to less experienced members of the nursing team.
As the successful applicant, you will possess the following attributes:
- Current registration with AHPRA;
- Previous experience at a senior leadership level including NUM, ANUM or similar;
- Experience in the Acute setting;
- Degree or working towards same in relevant specialty area;
- Compliance with ACQSHC National standards;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A strong commitment to developing in a management role;
- A commitment to a high standard of clinical and customer focused care;
- High degree of computer literacy including MS office and various data bases;
- Ability to work cohesively within a team environment;
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills;
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge base in labour management;
- Demonstrated HR management experience.
Hospital, located 30kms east from Melbourne CBD, is an acute Medical, Surgical and Oncology hospital providing excellence in customer service and patient care. Specialities include general medical, ENT, Plastics, gastroenterology, Gynaecology, Oral and maxillofacial surgery, Orthopaedics, Urology, Vascular, Respiratory Medicine, as well as a comprehensive oncological service.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.