An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced nursing leader with strong management skills to provide leadership to the peri-operative team at a private hospital in regional Victoria.
As the NUM your responsibilities will include:
- Strive for clinical excellence at all times across the department
- Engage and liaise with key stakeholders in the promotion and advancement of the organisation
- Undertake an annual workforce analysis of your department to identify current and future workforce needs relating to qualifications and skill set
- Promote effective team building strategies to ensure a cohesive and supportive structure exists within the department/Hospital
- Promote and encourage the professional development of all staff through transformational leadership
- Continually examine opportunities for continuous improvement and develop and maintain a culture of change in line with best practice
The successful applicant will meet the following criteria:
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum of 4 years post basic registration experience including at least 3 years experience in the peri-operative environment
- Health industry knowledge & experience, essential for negotiating with stakeholders
- Commercially astute with strong business analytical skills
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills; ability to deal with diverse range of stakeholders
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Ability to effectively plan and manage financial, human and material resources
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate a continuous improvement program
- Ability to apply research findings to clinical practice
- Post graduate studies in Peri-operative services
- Previous experience in a management position
- Holding or working towards a tertiary Management qualification
- Sound Computer skills in MS Office suite including Excel
Hospital offers a wide range of attractive employee benefits including:
- Staff recognition and rewards programs;
- Employee Benefits Club;
- Access to discounts including discounted private health insurance;
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program
- Free Parking.
Hospital, located in regional Victoria, is a tertiary teaching hospital that provides a range of Acute Services including Emergency, Maternity, Intensive Care, General Medicine and Surgery, Oncology, Medical Imaging, Pathology, Dialysis, Mental Health (Inpatient and community services) and a range of Ambulatory Services.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.