An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Registered Nurse / Midwife with previous managerial experience to lead the Special Care Nursery Unit at a private hospital in Sydney.
As the Clinical Nurse Unit Manager:
- you will be responsible for the effective management of the day to day operations of the special care nursery;
- you will hold a key leadership & management role within the Hospital, accountable for the efficient and effective management of all human & material resources within the department;
- The role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services within the department;
- You will be responsible for working with and supporting other maternity managers in achieving excellence in care delivery in line with best practice and legislative requirements
- You will work closely with the Executive team to shape organisational strategy, improve procedural service provision and achieve departmental and Hospital strategic objectives.
The successful applicant must possess the following essential criteria:
- Current Registration with APHRA as a Registered Nurse/Midwife
- Extensive clinical skills and experience within the speciality
- Competent with working within a Neonatal environment, and hold a Neonatal qualification
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Demonstrated management and decision making skills
- Ability to effectively plan and manage financial, human and material resources
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate a continuous improvement program
- Ability to apply research findings to clinical practice
- Post graduate studies in midwifery / SCN nursing desirable
- Previous experience in a management position
- Holding or working towards a tertiary management qualification
- Sound Computer skills in MS Office programs including Excel
Hospital provides a wide range of attractive local and national employee benefits including:
- Staff recognition and rewards programs.
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health and leisure choices
- Access to corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware and software and travel/holiday discounts
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options
- Great opportunities for advancement and career opportunities
Hospital, located in Western Sydney, is a modern facility with 12 Operating Theatres and two Cardiac Cath Labs perform a full range of elective surgeries that include cardiac, neurosurgery, urology, orthopaedic, gynaecology, colo-rectal, general, plastics, obstetrics, Paediatric, ENT and Spinal Surgery.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.