An excellent opportunity exists for a highly motivated forward thinking nurse manager to lead the dynamic and innovative team and manage the 50 bed Surgical, Bariatric and Colorectal Unit at a private hospital in Sydney.
This role provides leadership to a very enthusiastic and supportive team and is accountable for the clinical and financial performance of this surgical unit including daily operational challenges, staffing and skill mix, bed management, consumables and equipment costs. This position reports to the Director of Clinical Services and is supported by the Team Leader, Clinical Nurse Educators and Clinical Nurse Specialists with their respective portfolios.
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum 5 years management experience
- Experience in Colorectal, Bariatric and/or Gastro-Intestinal Nursing desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to ensure excellent customer service
- Demonstrated ability in team leadership, performance management and managing change in a consultative management style
- Demonstrated sound knowledge of efficiency and budget management
- A good understanding of Clinical Governance
- Ability to review and implement Quality improvement programs
- Working knowledge of various Computer applications
- Post graduate qualifications desirable
Hospital provides an outstanding working environment, modern facilities, innovative education programmes and a supportive executive team. Hospital also offers flexible work arrangements and excellent employee benefits.
Hospital is located in Sydney's South and is a fully accredited 239 bed advanced surgical and acute medical facility. Working in partnership with some of Australia's leading medical specialists, the hospital has developed a strong reputation in Cardiac, Orthopaedics & Spinal Care, Neurosurgery, General Surgery, Cancer Care, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Colorectal and Urology.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.