An unique opportunity has become available for a highly experienced Nursing Manager who enjoys the challenges of developing a new services at a private hospital in Northern Sydney.
As the Surgical Ward unit manager you will make an impact by providing day to day operational direction for a 32 bed surgical ward. Patient casemix includes: Breast Surgery; Colorectal Surgery; General Surgery; Gynaecology; Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery; Upper GIT Surgery and Urology. You will have an opportunity to shape your own team and be a key driver in promoting growth.
- ensure that the delivery of nursing care within the centre is optimal, is evidence based, efficient and meets the needs of patients
- coordinate patient services including admission / nursing assessment / preparation for procedure and discharge
- oversee safe, quality care that meets current best practice standards
- undertake a hands-on role, where required
- identify opportunities for development and enhancement of services
- facilitate and support quality teamwork within the centre and with other departments of hospital and the broader network
- encourage a participatory team approach to service delivery, canvass ideas and strategies to enhance care and service delivery
- lead, coach and develop your team.
The successful applicant will have:
- Current registration with the AHPRA
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing) or equivalent
- Relevant clinical post graduate qualifications in area of clinical practice (or equivalent)
- Post graduate qualification in leadership or management (or equivalent) or willingness to undertake
- Demonstrated recent experience in managing a surgical ward (including acting)
- Advanced clinical competence and proven experience in clinical supervision
- Proven experience building and leading high performing teams with a service excellence approach
- Passionate about building strong relationships and delivering exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated skills in workforce planning, rostering and working within budgeted work hours
- High level of planning and organising skills
- Strong influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to adapt personal style to suit a varied audience & a variety of interpersonal styles
- High degree of computer literacy
- Passion for delivering quality patient-centred care
Hospital, opening in late 2018, will provide a range of healthcare services to the Northern Beaches community. The private surgical ward has 32 beds, the patient casemix includes: Breast Surgery; Colorectal Surgery; General Surgery; Gynaecology; Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery; Upper GIT Surgery and Urology.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.