A unique opportunity has become available for a highly experienced Nursing Manager who enjoys the challenges of developing a new services at a private hospital in Northern Sydney.
As the Surgical Ward unit manager you will make an impact by providing day to day operational direction for a 32 bed surgical ward. Patient casemix includes: Breast Surgery; Colorectal Surgery; General Surgery; Gynaecology; Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery; Upper GIT Surgery and Urology. You will have an opportunity to shape your own team and be a key driver in promoting growth.
- ensure that the delivery of nursing care within the centre is optimal, is evidence based, efficient and meets the needs of patients
- coordinate patient services including admission / nursing assessment / preparation for procedure and discharge
- oversee safe, quality care that meets current best practice standards
- undertake a hands-on role, where required
- identify opportunities for development and enhancement of services
- facilitate and support quality teamwork within the centre and with other departments of hospital and the broader network
- encourage a participatory team approach to service delivery, canvass ideas and strategies to enhance care and service delivery
- lead, coach and develop your team.
The successful applicant will have:
- Current registration with the AHPRA
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing) or equivalent
- Post graduate qualification in leadership or management (or equivalent) or willingness to undertake
- Demonstrated recent experience in managing a surgical ward (including acting)
- Advanced clinical competence and proven experience in clinical supervision
- Proven experience building and leading high performing teams with a service excellence approach
- Passionate about building strong relationships and delivering exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated skills in workforce planning, rostering and working within budgeted work hours
- High level of planning and organising skills
- Strong influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to adapt personal style to suit a varied audience & a variety of interpersonal styles
- High degree of computer literacy
- Passion for delivering quality patient-centred care
Hospital, located in beautiful Frenchs Forest, provides high quality services for both public and private patients to the Northern Beaches community. The private surgical ward has 32 beds, the patient casemix includes: Breast Surgery; Colorectal Surgery; General Surgery; Gynaecology; Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery; Upper GIT Surgery and Urology.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.