An excellent opportunity exists for a suitably qualified and experienced Senior Peri-operative Nurse with experience across a broad range of short stay specialties to join the management team at a private hospital in Melbourne's eastern suburbs. Whilst a full time commitment is preferred part time applications will be considered. Remuneration is commensurate with experience.
As the Peri-operative Nurse Unit Manager you will provide support to the Clinical Services Manager and ADON. The role requires strong mentoring and hands on leadership to the clinical staff. You will be responsible for ensuring clinical practice and delivery of care is efficient, and consistent with the highest standards to facilitate optimal outcomes for our patients, surgeons and hospital.
The surgical case mix and nursing services, which will be under your supervision, include:
- Ophthalmic surgery
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Oral & Maxillofacial surgery
- Minimally invasive neurosurgery
- Pain management procedures
- Plastic and Reconstructive surgery
- Anaesthetics / PACU / day surgery area / 6 bed overnight area
- Support for CSSD
- Current nursing registration with AHPRA
- Post-graduate qualification in peri-operative nursing with minimum 3 years' recent experience
- Well-developed management and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work well under pressure and be flexible to a changing working environment
By becoming part of the team you will have the benefits of:
- Brand new state-of-the-art facility
- Flexible, family friendly hours, including half shifts (no weekend or public holiday shifts)
- Being part of creating a hospital culture providing premium service for surgeons and their patients
- Working alongside experienced senior surgeons renowned for their caring and personal approach to patients
- Free on-site parking
Hospital, located in Vermont, is a premium, boutique, short stay private hospital, opened in November 2016. This first class facility features four fully integrated, state-of-the-art operating suites and an overnight stay wing featuring six exclusive high quality private rooms with plans for expansion.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.