An exciting and unique opportunity exists for a highly experienced Theatre Manager to take on a leadership position at a private hospital in Northern Sydney. The hospital opens in October 2018.
As the Theatre Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Leading and managing a large cohort of staff across a variety of disciplines
- Understanding of legislative requirements, ACORN and AS4187 cleaning, disinfecting and Sterilising standard
- Promoting quality improvement focused on outcomes that facilitate the achievement of accreditation
- Working in partnership with the surgeons and anesthetists to ensure high quality care, efficiency of services and a strong working relationship
- Managing budgets and attainment of budgetary targets and Key Performance Indicators
- Analysing data to facilitate monitoring and the development of action plans in relation to theatre productivity
- Maintaining current knowledge, incorporating relevant professional standards into practice and adhering to hospital policies and procedures
- Compiling reports for the Executive which support the review and planning of the Interventional Suite and hospital services, including the introduction of a new service/ specialty and equipment capital expenditure
- Ensuring equitable and cost effective staff rosters and management of equipment
The successful applicant will have:
- Current registration with the AHPRA
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing) or equivalent
- Post Graduate Qualifications in Nursing, Business and/or Management (or working towards)
- Minimum of 5 years senior nursing experience within the Peri-operative unit (operating theatres particularly)
- Proven ability to successfully lead and motivate the clinical team using positive leadership skills
- Business acumen to manage theatre activities relating to throughput and budgets
- Vision to improve theatre processes and throughput with management skills to implement these changes throughout the department
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Proven ability to analyse data and information
- Ability to engage, motivate and collaboratively influence others to achieve required outcomes
Hospital, opening in late 2018, will provide a range of healthcare services to the Northern Beaches community with 488 beds and room to expand in the future. The busy hospital includes 14 operating theatres, two cardiac catheter labs and four procedure rooms. A 50-space Emergency Department on the ground floor is adjacent to the onsite Medical Centre (GPs) to respond to public and private patient healthcare needs. Extensive services include Critical Care, Intensive Care, Birthing, Paediatrics, Special Care Nursery, Mental Health, Oncology, Renal Dialysis, Surgery and Medical, Outpatient, Medical Imaging (including Nuclear Medicine), Pathology and Pharmacy.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.