An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced and patient-focused Clinical Nurse Specialist to work across the Perioperative department at a private hospital in Newcastle.
As the Clinical Nurse Specialist, you will have the opportunity to work in an active leadership role, including developing and providing evidence-based clinical nursing whilst working and collaborating within the multidisciplinary team. This opportunity allows you to act as a clinical expert, professional role model and change agent to promote practice development and quality initiatives that promote the delivery of safe, efficient and high-quality customer service and nursing outcomes. As part of this role, you will conduct triaging of pre-op paperwork and provide back-up for Pre-Admissions Nurse.
- Current APHRA registration;
- Minimum 3 years experience in day surgery or Peri-operative nursing role;
- Post Grad Certificate is desirable;
- Ability to supervise, lead, direct and motivate staff to achieve outcomes;
- Demonstrated knowledge of accreditation processes, clinical indicators and quality projects;
- Demonstrated ability to implement and evaluate nursing policies and protocols;
- Demonstrated well-developed planning, prioritisation and time management skills;
- The ability to work across a five-day rotating roster (M-F) is critical for this role.
The hospital provides an outstanding working environment, modern facilities, innovative education programmes, flexible work arrangements and excellent employee benefits. A supportive Executive team are committed to the ongoing education and mentorship of the staff.
Hospital, located near Newcastle, provides Medical, Rehabilitation, Surgical & Mental Health Services. The Hospital's main surgical focus is in the areas of Orthopaedics, Urology, General, Plastics, Ophthalmology, Gynaecology, Faciomaxillary & Paediatrics.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Please answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise, please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.