Exciting opportunities exist for experienced and motivated Clinical Nurses to join the Anaesthetic and Recovery teams at a private hospital on the Gold Coast.
As a Clinical Nurse, you will work across the Anaesthetic and Recovery units which are equipped with some of the most advanced medical and surgical technology. You will act as a professional resource in all facets of caring for patients whilst problem solving within the clinical setting.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Expert clinical knowledge and assessment of patients in the pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative environments;
- The ability to recognise and manage changes in a patient’s condition and demonstrate appropriate escalation of care;
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities required in the role of Floor coordinator and/or team leader;
- Work collaboratively with the NUM’s and Perioperative education team to assist with appropriate assessment of skill level and assistance with allocations of staff for skill development;
- Support the development of Anaesthetic and Recovery staff in relation to competency assessment, skills development and career progression within the department;
- Ongoing maintenance of and support to achieve compliance with mandatory education and competency assessments, including annual appraisals.
As the successful applicant, you will possess the following attributes:
- Current registration with AHPRA;
- Relevant post-graduate qualifications or be working towards same (desirable);
- Demonstrated experience working efficiently and effectively in an acute care setting preferably in both anaesthetics and recovery;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Clinical educational skills, be able to provide education and support and lead quality improvement activities and be a willing mentor to staff;
- Demonstrate patient advocacy and maintain a patient-centred care approach;
- Flexible to work across a seven-day rotating roster and participation in on-call will be essential for this role.
The hospital offers great benefits including:
- Professional Development;
- Employee assistance program;
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services;
- Free parking;
- A wide range of in-hospital services;
- Regular subsidised social activities.
Hospital, located on the Gold Coast, is an acute care hospital providing a wide range of health care services with a 24-hour emergency care centre, Comprehensive Cardiac Services, General & Orthopaedic Surgery, Oncology, Medical Services, Maternity & Paediatrics, Renal Dialysis, Day Surgery and Rehabilitation services. The Cardiac Cath Lab is the largest private cardiac centre on the Gold Coast offering access to some of the latest in cardiac technology. The Cardiothoracic Surgical Services include a dedicated Cardiac Theatre, 12-bed high technology Intensive Care Unit and a fully integrated step-down Unit.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.