An excellent opportunity has become available for a dynamic and innovative leader with experience at a senior management level to join a friendly and professional management team at a private hospital in Wollongong. This is a permanent full-time position for a senior manager who can meet the challenges and capably manage facility operational requirements, provide nursing and midwifery leadership, direct the patient safety and clinical quality agenda, manage key stakeholder relationships, and assist in the development and implementation of the strategic direction of the Hospital.
As the Director of Clinical Services (DCS)m you will oversee all operational aspects of care delivery including clinical service delivery, bed management, patient flow strategies, patient safety and clinical quality agenda and patient experience. You will be responsible for providing professional leadership and direction on a broad range of clinical, nursing and midwifery issues to enable decisions to be made to create and maintain an appropriately resourced, qualified, competent and supported nursing and midwifery workforce. You will be responsible for leading a team of professional clinical managers and effective engagement with the VMOs and medical team to deliver high-quality clinical care, employee engagement and staffing practices. You will also be accountable for leading high standards of clinical care, the efficient and effective management of clinical education and support, and fostering a culture within the hospital that embraces safety and quality and strives to continually improve patient experience and business outcomes. The role is reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Current registration with APHRA;
- At least 5 years’ experience in a senior management position (private hospital experience will be highly regarded);
- Formal management qualifications or working towards the same;
- Proven high-level communication, interpersonal and organisational skills;
- Ability to adapt a strategic overview whilst to manage complex, challenging and demanding daily operational issues;
- Ability to successfully manage organisational change, financial reporting, and processes for patient safety, clinical risk management and clinical quality improvement;
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive working relations with a wide range of diverse stakeholders including VMOs;
- Awareness of the relevant legislative requirements and governing body reporting responsibilities;
- Demonstrated skills in workforce planning, rostering and working within budgeted work hours.;
- Applicants with experience in planning and commissioning new services would be highly regarded.
The right candidate will be offered:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance;
- Professional Development;
- Employee assistance program;
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services.
Hospital, located in Wollongong, is an acute facility offering a full range of medical, surgical and maternity services. The hospital includes all major services including an intensive care unit, 9 operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory and a day oncology unit. Operating Theatres offer the following specialities: Robotic Surgery; Urology; Orthopaedics; Neuro Surgery; General Surgery and ENT.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Please answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.