An excellent opportunity exists for a dynamic Director of Nursing with extensive knowledge of the National Safety & Quality Health Service Standards and their application in the acute health setting to join the executive team at a private hospital in Darwin.
As the DON, you will be responsible for leading a team of professional clinical managers which oversee all operational aspects of care delivery such as bed management, clinical service delivery, complaints, and doctor engagement. Through effective engagement with the VMOs, medical and clinical teams, you will deliver high-quality clinical care, employee engagement and staffing practices. You will be accountable for the efficient and effective management of quality systems and clinical education to support and foster a hospital culture that strives to continually improve patient and business outcomes. You will report to the General Manager of the hospital.
To be successful in this position, you will require the following:
- Current AHPRA registration;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior management position;
- Masters level of Leadership/Business or working towards the same;
- Proven high-level communication, interpersonal and organisational skills;
- Ability to adapt a strategic overview whilst to manage complex, challenging and demanding daily operational issues;
- Ability to successfully manage organisational change, financial reporting, and quality improvement;
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive working relations with a wide range of diverse stakeholders including VMOs;
- Proven delivery of Key Performance Indicators including workforce management and strategic business growth objectives;
- Awareness of the relevant legislative requirements and governing body reporting responsibilities;
- High level of computer skills using MS office programs and web-based reporting systems;
- Demonstrated skills in workforce planning, rostering and working within budgeted work hours.
Hospital, located in Darwin, is an acute facility and provides a broad range of multiday and day surgery, including General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, and Ophthalmology Plastic and Reconstructive, Urology, Gastroenterology, Neurosurgery and ENT.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Please answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.