An excellent opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic and forward-thinking instrument nurse to lead the Neurosurgical nursing team at a private hospital in Sydney.
As the Neurosurgical Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Practice following the ACORN standards and Hospital policy and procedure;
- Coordination, leadership and development of team processes in ensuring optimal patient and surgeon experience;
- Ensure both clinical practice and professional standards are identified and maintained in the delivery of safe patient care;
- Providing clinical expertise and depth to the orthopaedic spinal/neurosurgical teams;
- Leadership and participation in team quality improvement projects;
- Liaising with and communicate effectively with the multi-disciplinary team;
- Ensuring patient and staff safety;
- Ensuring e-learning and Mandatory training is completed regularly.
The Neurosurgical Coordinator will fulfil their role within the department with the support of the Perioperative Services Manager, Deputy Theatre Manager and Clinical Nurse Educator.
To be successful in this position, you will require the following:
- Current AHPRA registration;
- A minimum of 5 years’ post-graduate experience as a neurosurgical instrument nurse;
- Demonstrated ability act as a patient advocate;
- Demonstrated professional manner when working with complex situations;
- Advanced communication skills as part of a multi-disciplinary team with a willingness to teach and preceptor staff;
- Flexibility to work a rotating roster including evenings, on-call and ad hoc Saturdays;
- Post Graduate Qualifications in Perioperative Nursing are desirable.
Hospital, located in Sydney’s North West, is one of the largest private hospitals in NSW, providing an extensive range of surgical and medical services. The theatre complex consists of 16 operating theatres and a standalone Endoscopy suite.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Please answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.