A new possibility has arisen for a Perioperative experienced Registered Nurse or an experienced CSSD Manager looking for a change of scenery and a leadership opportunity at a private hospital in Sydney. It is a full-time permanent role.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a key member of the Perioperative leadership team, you will report to and work collaboratively with the Perioperative Manager with accountability for the department's operational requirements. You will coordinate an exceptional service that is evidence-based and of a high standard consistent with AS 5369:2023 and infection control guidelines.
As the CSSD Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing a high standard of evidence-based Sterilisation services to the operating theatre and other clinical departments within the hospital;
- Utilising the Australian College of Operating Room Nurses (ACORN) standards and plan, assess, implement, and evaluate the cleaning, sterilisation, and packing of hospital instruments;
- Demonstrating clinical leadership skills in allocating, supporting, supervising, teaching, and providing specific clinical specialty guidance for CSSD technicians.
- Certificate IV in Sterilisation/Training and Assessment (preferred);
- Extensive clinical experience in a perioperative environment;
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience working in a senior role within a CSSD, minimum 2 years in a leadership/management position;
- Sound knowledge and application of accreditation standards, AS/NZ 4187 standards, and HICMR;
- Consultative leadership style and sound negotiation skills;
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail;
- An interest in promoting best-practice patient care and a strong sense of customer service;
- A focus on professional development.
- Flexibility to work across one or multiple hospitals across the network;
- Discounted health insurance;
- Continuous professional development, education & support are provided to encourage growth.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
The hospital, located in Sydney, is one of the largest private hospitals in NSW, providing an extensive range of surgical and medical services. The Operating Theatre complex has 16 theatres, 32 first-stage recovery bays, and an additional 32-second stage chairs. The specialties include General (including laparoscopic), Colorectal, Bariatric, Orthopaedic, Cardiothoracic, ENT, Plastics, Paediatric, Oral & Dental Gynaecology & Obstetrics, Ophthalmic, Gastroenterology, Neurosurgery, Urology and Vascular surgery.
If this aligns with what you're looking for, click "APPLY" to send in your application – attaching your most up-to-date CV. It is that easy! Alternatively, you can send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And if this particular role isn't quite right, be sure to explore the array of other openings on our website at www.ihrgroup.com.au.