An excellent opportunity exists for an experienced Nurse Manager with Critical Care Certification to join the leadership team at a private hospital in Brisbane. This role is permanent full-time; 76 hours per Fortnight.
As a Nurse Unit Manager, you will be responsible for establishing the new 6 bed Intensive Care / Critical Care Unit and will be accountable for the efficient and effective management of all human and material resources. The role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating all practices, processes and clinical services of the unit. You will be supported by a passionate team of clinicians while reporting to and utilising the mentorship of the Director of Clinical Services.
The successful applicant will have:
- Current AHPRA registration;
- Minimum 5 years of postgraduate experience in critical care;
- Postgraduate qualifications in Critical Care or working towards same;
- Formal management qualifications or working towards desirable;
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders;
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate a continuous improvement/risk management program;
- Evidence of commitment to self-development;
- Ability to apply research findings to clinical practice;
- Sound Computer skills in MS Office suite including Excel.
Employee Benefits include:
- Generous educational support and external courses supported – study leave time provided;
- Flexible rostering with a variety of shift lengths;
- Employee Benefits club;
- Onsite Pilates classes for staff;
- Corporate discounts including health fund and travel discounts.
Hospital, located in north Brisbane, is an acute facility providing a wide range of health services. Key surgical specialities of the unit include Colorectal, Orthopaedics, Plastics Breast and Endocrine, General Surgery and Bariatric Surgery.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.