An outstanding opportunity has become available for a motivated and experienced Nurse Manager to lead the Critical Care Unit at a private hospital in Hobart. It is a permanent full-time role.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Nurse Unit Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership and direction to the ward to complement the strategic direction,
operational processes, budget, and business direction of the hospital;
- Providing operational direction for the unit to ensure efficient and effective management of the area and coordinating the delivery of nursing care that is evidence-based;
- Accountability and responsibility for the effective management of human, financial and material resources and ensuring customer service is maintained at optimal levels;
- Participating in marketing initiatives of the hospital to promote growth and help identify clinical areas for expansion and representing the hospital at external clinical forums;
- Undertaking direct patient care as required providing guidance and support to less experienced members of the nursing team;
- Participating in working parties/committees and demonstrating a commitment to continuous quality improvements through NSQHS, workplace health and safety, and achievement of hospital accreditation;
- Taking an active role in the management of WHS issues pertaining to the unit;
- Current registration with AHPRA;
- Post Graduate Certificate in related critical care stream;
- Demonstrated knowledge of delivering on key KPI's;
- Ability to achieve results through consultation, advice, and facilitation;
- A high degree of computer literacy, including MS Office;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Senior Nurse with at least 3 years of experience working in a managerial capacity;
- A commitment to a high standard of clinical and customer-focused care;
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively within a multi-disciplinary team;
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills;
- A management degree or working towards (desirable);
$66.14 - $67.63 per hour
ABOUT THE FACILITY
The hospital, located in Hobart, is one of the leading private healthcare providers in Tasmania. The facility has 142 inpatient beds and provides a range of clinical services, including general and specialty medical and surgical services, obstetrics, cardiology, angiography, and a 24-hour Emergency Department.
If this aligns with what you're looking for, click "APPLY" to send in your application – attaching your most up-to-date CV. It is that easy! Alternatively, you can send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And if this particular role isn't quite right, be sure to explore the array of other openings on our website at www.ihrgroup.com.au.