An excellent opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and motivated Nursing Manager with proven clinical experience to join the management team at a private hospital in Sydney.
As the NUM:
- you will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Day Surgery Unit to complement the strategic guidance, operational processes, budget and business direction of the hospital;
- you will assist the Perioperative Manager by providing operational direction for the Day Surgery Unit to ensure efficient and effective management of the area and coordinate the delivery of nursing care;
- you will be accountable for the effective management of human, financial and material resources and ensure customer service is maintained at optimal levels. The position includes management of the Pre-Admission Clinic and the COVID-19 screening program for patient admissions;
- you will undertake direct patient care as required, providing guidance and support to less experienced members of the nursing team;
- This position reports to the Perioperative Manager.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate a commitment to quality care and the best patient outcomes, as well as demonstrate the following:
- Current registration with APHRA;
- Previous experience at NUM level or equivalent;
- Experience in the acute setting;
- Degree in a relevant specialty area;
- Compliance with ACQSHC National Standards;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A strong commitment to developing in a management role;
- A commitment to a high standard of clinical and customer-focused care;
- A high degree of computer literacy including MS Office and various databases;
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills;
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge base in labour management;
- Demonstrated HR management experience;
- Ability to lead and manage in a dynamic hospital environment;
- A management degree or working towards desirable.
Hospital, located in Southern Sydney, specialises in cardiothoracic surgery, intensive care, neurosurgery, advanced surgery, orthopaedics, colorectal, urology, women’s health, maternity, paediatrics, oncology and general surgery.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Please answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.