An exciting opportunity has become available for a professional and dedicated Nurse Unit Manager with strong managerial and leadership qualities to lead and support the respected Early Parenting Centre at a private hospital in Perth.
As the Nurse Unit Manager, you will:
- Hold a key leadership and management role, and be accountable for the efficient and effective management of all human and material resources within the department;
- Plan, implement and evaluate practices, processes and services within the department;
- Be responsible for working with and supporting other managers in achieving excellence in care delivery;
- Help shape organisational strategies, improve service provisions and achieve departmental and Hospital strategic objectives.
As the successful applicant, you will possess the following attributes:
- Current registration with AHPRA;
- A minimum of 5 years of post-registration experience in a relevant field that demonstrates advanced clinical skills;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to effectively plan and manage financial, human and material resources;
- Experience in management of change processes, risk management and quality improvement processes;
- Experience leading a clinical team;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing education programs;
- Group facilitation skills;
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team;
- Alibility to apply research findings to clinical practice;
- Advanced Diploma or other relevant post-registration qualifications in Child and Family Health Nursing desirable;
- Evidence of prior service delivery planning and research projects;
- Sound computer skills using MS Office programs, including Excel.
The hospital offers great benefits including:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance;
- Professional Development;
- Employee assistance program;
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services.
Hospital, located in Perth, has a palliative care unit, a bed medical/rehabilitation ward, a surgical ward, a Day Surgery and Endoscopy unit, an Early Parenting Centre and maternity services incorporating an obstetrics ward, delivery suite and Level 2 special care nursery. The Early Parenting Centre (Parent and Baby Unit) is a five-bed specialist inpatient unit for the assessment and treatment of parent and baby health and wellbeing, by providing acute specialist treatment programs and parent education. The program operates with a multi-disciplinary team including Child Health Nurses, Midwives, General/Paediatric Nurses, Lactation Consultants and Paediatricians.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.