A fantastic opportunity awaits an experienced senior nurse seeking career progression in management within the Emergency service at a private hospital in Adelaide. This role is available in a permanent full-time capacity.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a NUM, your responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating a learning culture to ensure continuous improvement;
- Maintaining professional and constructive working relationships with the VMO partners, using a customer service mindset to enable high-quality patient outcomes;
- Providing clinical, operational direction for the unit to ensure efficient and effective management by coordinating the delivery of nursing care that is evidence-based;
- Being accountable and responsible for the effective daily management of human, financial, and material resources;
- Coordinating and driving clinical audits and quality improvement initiatives;
- Undertaking direct patient care as required.
- Current registration with AHPRA;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Emergency Medicine;
- Previous management experience is desirable;
- At least 5 years of clinical nursing experience in Emergency nursing;
- Advanced interpersonal, communication, and conflict management skills;
- Effectively liaise with all ES staff, doctors, nurses, and reception staff;
- An advocate for evidence-based medicine and continuing medical education;
- Vital customer service focus with all key stakeholders;
- Sound understanding of budget requirements and labour hour management;
- Proactively manage and support the role of change initiatives;
- Active participation on committees and working effectively as part of the team;
- Dedicated focus on continuous quality improvement and risk management;
- Commitment to driving and participating in the consolidation and legislative requirements of the NSQHS standards;
- Ability to liaise and engage VMOs and consumers;
- Commitment to employee engagement.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
The hospital, located in Adelaide, is a private, not-for-profit 230-bed facility that performs a broad range of surgical, medical, diagnostic, and interventional procedures supported by on-site medical imaging, radiology, and pathology. The hospital has 9 operating theatres, 1 procedure room, 2 angiography labs, an emergency department, maternity services, and a 24-bed level 3 critical care unit.
The Emergency Service triages over 7000 patients per year and is open 7 days a week, 08:00 – 22:00, with a high degree of acute presentations, a strong cardiac focus, and an over fifty percent admission rate.
If this aligns with what you're looking for, click "APPLY" to send in your application – attaching your most up-to-date CV. It is that easy! Alternatively, you can send your CV directly to email@example.com.
And if this particular role isn't quite right, be sure to explore the array of other openings on our website at www.ihrgroup.com.au.