An exciting opportunity has become available for a motivated and experienced Nurse Manager to lead the Emergency Department at a private hospital in Hobart.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a NUM, your responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership and direction to the unit to complement the strategic guidance, operational processes, budget and business direction of the hospital;
- Provide operational direction for the unit to ensure efficient and effective management of the area and coordinate the delivery of nursing care that is evidence-based;
- Responsible for the effective management of human, financial and material resources and ensuring that customer service is maintained at optimal levels;
- Participation in marketing initiatives of the hospital to promote growth, help identify clinical areas for expansion and represent the hospital at external clinical forums;
- Undertaking direct patient care as required, providing guidance and support to less experienced members of the nursing team;
- Work as part of the healthcare team, adhere to Healthscope and site policies and procedures and achieve key performance indicators;
- Participate in working parties/committees and demonstrate a commitment to continuous quality improvements through NSQHS, workplace health and safety and achievement of hospital accreditation;
- An active role in the management of WHS issues in the unit.
- Current AHPRA registration;
- Post Graduate Certificate in the related specialty area;
- Demonstrated knowledge of delivering on key performance indicators;
- Ability to achieve results through consultation, advice and facilitation;
- A high degree of computer literacy, including MS Office;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience working in a managerial role;
- A commitment to a high standard of clinical and customer-focused care;
- Ability to work cohesively within a team environment;
- Proven time management and prioritization skills;
- Triage Competency;
- Postgraduate qualification in management or working towards desirable.
Hospital, located in Hobart, is a private facility providing a unique range of acute services, including general surgery, specialty care in orthopaedics, urology, gynaecology, breast, colorectal, oral, vascular, plastics, obesity surgery and select surgery for paediatrics.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Please answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IT'S NOT QUITE WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?
Check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.