An excellent opportunity has become available for an experienced nursing professional to lead the busy Medical/Surgical Unit at a private hospital in Caboolture. This is a permanent full-time role (76 hours per fortnight) and would suit an experienced NUM or senior nurse/clinical manager looking to take the next step into a dedicated leadership position.
As the Nurse Unit Manager, you will lead the general medical/surgical ward. You will be responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services within the department to ensure exceptional patient outcomes and experiences. You will be working with and supporting other managers in achieving excellence in care delivery in line with best practice and legislative requirements and will be accountable for the efficient and effective management of the department as a whole. This fast-paced and highly rewarding role reports to the Director of Clinical Services.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate the following:
- Current registration with APHRA;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an acute care hospital setting;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
- Any management or relevant post-graduate specialty qualifications will be highly regarded;
- Experience or exposure to managing clinical staff recruitment, rostering and performance management would be desirable;
- Sound computer skills in MSOffice, including Excel, would be advantageous, but not essential.
The right candidate will be offered:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance;
- Professional Development;
- Employee assistance program;
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services.
Hospital, located in Moreton Bay region, is a modern acute facility with 3 operating theatres, day procedure centre and oncology unit. The hospital provides exceptional health care service in a supportive and relaxed environment and is committed to providing the highest standard of specialised services, skilled personnel and modern technologies.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.